Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We're HOME!

That's right, we are finally home. Here is a run down of how our vacation went, you might want to sit down for this, seriously.
We left home at 2:oo am and arrived at my parents home around 10:30pm. I'm not going to lie, there were times during our drive that I'm not proud of, but you drive for 10 1/2 hours with a 3 year old two 2 1/2 year olds, a one year old and a 5 month old. We'll just say there was a lot of screaming, and the kids were pretty loud too. So while we were at my parents' home we made some new friends. Their names are ear infection, flu, respiratory infection, strep throat, and lets not forget 2nd and 3rd degree burns. I don't know about you but I hate when my kids hang out with these guys. It really wasn't that bad, we had a couple healthy days while we were there. Then when it was time to leave mother nature, that old biddy, she decided to give us a hard time too. We started out on Saturday, but had to get a hotel for the night in Oregon, after it was snowing so hard we couldn't see through our ice cover windshield. The next morning we checked the weather report. It said that there would be snow and freezing rain till Friday so no one should travel unless necessary. After a night in the hotel with all the.....children, useing the word losely, we felt it was definitely necessary, so we set off. This is what it looked like when we left.

And after about an hour of driving it look like this


Can I just add a side note and say Oregon is beautiful. It was so depressing, all that green was making sick. If I have to live with brown everywhere so should everyone else. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Ok back to the drive, so we ended up at my brothers house that evening. We got there around 9:00 pm. When we got there we were informed that my brother had locked his keys in the house and he was waiting for the locksmith to come. He was going to be there in about 15 minutes. We'll just say, we got in the house a little past 11:00 pm that night. It was hilarious, I just had to laugh. Long story boring we got home on Monday just in time to see Chuck before he left for work. If you need to take a few moments go ahead I completely understand, let it all sink in. Wow, does anyone else feel like they need to be cheered up, yeah, me too. Here some pictures of my cute kids to take care of that, no charge.


And the crazy thing is that even after all that we had such a fun time with my family. I would even do it all over again, well maybe not the Jenna burning her hands thing, but everything else. Well, that's pretty much it people. We are glad to be home and yes, this was our vacation, you can't make stuff like this up.

3 comments:

4handfulls said...

You are not giving me any hope for our 10 hour trip to my in-laws this week! And yes, there will be plenty of screamin' from this mom too :)

Rochelle said...

Oh man... if I ever need a boost I just need to read your blog. You write just how you talk and it makes me laugh out loud! When do I get to see you again... seriously, it's been way too long. Have we even been in the same room together since we were roommates? That's just sad.

Cylee Pressley said...

You have the best sense of humor! I love reading your blog.

I am so sorry about your vacation. Its funny that we even use that term when our children come. Its nice to know that other people have it hard at times too. I am not the only one on the brink at times.

Again, thanks for the great read this morning.