Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Butterflies

While Chuck was gone this summer I was trying to find ways to take the kids minds of off him. I decided to raise some butterflies from caterpillars. I'm sure you remember the commercials, you get 5 caterpillars in the mail and an in closure for them. Well we did it and the kids LOVED it. We ended up getting 10 caterpillars. It was really neat to see all the different stages and then get to let them go.


Some days I wish raising kids was that easy. They come with instruction on how and what to feed them, there are no late nights and getting up to feed them. They are quiet, they stay were you put them, in about 2 weeks they're ready. You release them in to the wild and wish them luck. Wow, we really got gypped!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

We did that this summer too! It was so fun to watch them grow. My favorite was when the cocoons would shake!

Christensen family said...

I wish I could have seen them. I do remember seeing you start them. I think that was a fun thing to do.

Katie said...

What a fun project! You are a super cool mom!!! and funny to boot! :)