Monday, August 15, 2011

Martin's Cove

On our way back from South Dakota we stopped at Martin's Cove while driving through Wyoming. It was a very humbling experience.

We visited the Blacksmith's Shop and the Museum.

Then we pulled a hand cart around a path to give us a little taste of what it might be like to be a pioneer. Minus the horrible weather, leaving everything behind, being persecuted, burying family members, going with out food, water, and all sorts of hardships.

We started out with everyone helping except for Austin.


Then we lost Wyatt and Jenna in the cart, and it was just Chuck and Dayton pushing.

In the end Chuck was pulling the cart alone, I was taking picture give me a break!

I don't know about you but I think the one in the pink will be the first one to be eaten if there's no food.


No comments: