Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Mother

The other night I was giving the kids a bath and was informed that Wyatt and Dayton needed a new mother. Which was actually my fault because I asked them if they needed one, but that's not the point. After they said yes I thought it would be easy to get them to change their minds, not so. I told them they had to leave all their toys, their stuffed animals they sleep with, they wouldn't get to go to preschool, and that their new mommy would put spiders in their beds, a low blow I know but I was getting desperate. Nothing was fazing them. I decided to take people away next. I told them that they wouldn't get to be brothers anymore and that Jenna wouldn't be their sister, still OK. Next I told them Madison wouldn't be their cousin. Wyatt started to weep and wail, "No mother! I'll stay, I need you!" Then I told Dayton he would have to get a new daddy because daddy loved me and would stay with me. Dayton screamed, "No mother! I need you too!" I felt OK about Chuck changing Dayton's mind, but MADISON! Man that girl is going to have a wicked power over men.


1 comment:

Shauna McDonald said...

Wow - that took some work.
When Noah or Zoe inform me that: "you're not my mom anymore" I just say too bad you are stuck with me for eternity since dad and I got married in the temple - or when I'm feeling mean I tell them we should start looking for their new Step Mom (which sends them into hysteria).

Isn't motherhood fun?